FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS:
1. HOW DO I QUALIFY FOR A LOAN?
• Must be a first time homeowner who is unable to obtain financing for
purchase or construction through conventional lending institutions.
• Permanent employment (2 yrs employment)
• Acceptable credit
• Maximum Income to Housing expense Ratio 29%
• Maximum Debt to Income (including housing expense) 41%
2. WHO IS ELIGIBLE?
• U.S. Citizen or permanent alien resident
• Resident of the territory
• Minimum occupancy requirement two (2) years
• Must have a written denial from a financial institution
3. HOW DO I APPLY?
If you are interested in applying for a Mortgage Loan, contact Guam Housing
Corporation at (671) 647-4143 and schedule an appointment to meet with a Loan
Officer for a pre-qualification.